Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Fun

We have had a great summer so far. We have had fun going to Henry's Ark, playing on the new Slip and Slide, attending Abbey Road on the River, going to the air show, going for walks at the park and nature preserve, and swimming at the pool. (We just joined the Hunting Creek Country Club, so Evan and I can have been going to the pool most mornings. After Carl gets home and we eat dinner, we all head back to the pool for more fun.) I am really enjoying my extra time with Evan and I am looking forward to LOTS more summer fun!

Henry's Ark is always a lot of fun. Evan enjoyed feeding and petting the zebras and the deer. He also liked seeing a GIANT pig!





We purchased a slip and slide for Evan to use this summer. Carl explained how it worked and then Evan hopped on for a ride! He and Carl had a lot of fun playing together!

"Whee! This is fun!"



"Is this a water fountain or a Slip and Slide?!?"



Abbey Road on the River has become a summer tradition for us. We take Evan to hear the music in the afternoon and then he goes to play and spend the night with Grammy and Granddaddy. Carl and I go back at night for grown up time! As always, we had a great time.

Evan and I were proud to show off our new Beatles t-shirts!



The music was great, but Evan had just as much fun watching the trucks and cars go under the bridge and pretending to be an acrobat!





Evan fell asleep on the way to Grammy and Granddaddy's house. I think he was exhausted from having so much fun!



Britbeat is a great Beatles cover band. We got to meet them in the afternoon and then hear them perform at night!



The Wings for Kids Air Show is a local fundraiser for Kosair Children's Hospital. It is a really cool event where kids can watch remote controlled airplanes and helicopters do some amazing tricks.

Evan got a good view of the airplanes by climbing up on the fence!



It was really hot the day of the air show, so we found some shade and Evan enjoyed a milk break.



The airplanes were cool and so were the helicopters! (This helicopter was a REAL helicopter!)





Evan and Daddy got a close look at the planes, while waiting for the candy drop!



Evan has NO fear of the water! He remembered the diving board ("jumping board") from last summer and wanted to jump as soon as we got to the pool!

"Look at me!"



"Here I come!"

No comments: