Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Crazy Contractions

I started having contractions last Thursday afternoon while I was at school. At first it wasn't much of a big deal. The contractions were short, irregular and not painful. As time passed, the contractions got close together, longer and were painful. Additionally, I was having constant pain in my lower abdomen. After talking with Bill, we decided we needed to go to the hospital to make sure everything was o.k.

When we arrived I started feeling a bit better, but I was still having contractions. I was hooked up to the monitor, which showed that I was contracting every two minutes. Thankfully, I was not showing any other signs of labor and the medicine that they gave me stopped the contractions. I was VERY relieved. After an ultrasound and some additional monitoring, we were sent home later that night. I was VERY relieved that Preston was not making his appearance at only 35 weeks!

My Contractions


I was very happy to have the contractions stop and get to go home!

No comments: