Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cancer Survivor Celebration


Last week I celebrated my "survivorsary!" I am now a 6 year cancer survivor! I am so happy to be well and enjoying life with my family and friends.

My actual "survivorsary" was on December 10th and we had no school that day due to lots of snow. I loved getting to spend the day at home with my boys. We had so much fun! I took the boys to Build-A-Bear to celebrate the big day. It was Preston's first visit and he loved it just as much as Evan! They both made Rudolph and they had a blast. They both really enjoyed listening to the sound machine and dancing to the music. I am SURE that it was Preston's favorite part!










On Thursday, Carl and I celebrated my "survivorsary"  at The Melting Pot, which is my favorite restaurant. We had a great time and the food was delicious!



I would be remiss if I did not mention that right after I celebrated, my 7 year old nephew, Jackson, was diagnosed with cancer. He has Berkitt's Lymphoma, which is a very aggressive form of cancer. We are all devastated by this terrible news. Jackson is being treated at Kosair Children's Hospital, which has a great oncology unit. We are very thankful for that, as well as for the outpouring of support that he and his family have received. I am very hopeful that Jackson will be cured and that next year, we can celebrate our "survivorsary" together! 

No comments: