After a lovely summer, it is now time for BOTH boys to go to school and for me to return to work. (I have actually been going to school for many weeks, since I needed to get the classroom ready, plan lessons, do assessments, etc.) I am always sad for summer to go, since I LOVE the extra time with the boys and things just seem more carefree.
Evan started school on August 13th. He is in Ms. Morrow's first grade class at Chancey Elementary. He is enjoying school so far and is happy to see many of his old friends in his new class. He really likes Ms. Morrow and is already showing us that he is learning a lot! Both Carl and I are really proud of him and we hope he has a great year!
Here are a few pictures of Evan on his first day of first grade!
Although I know he will love preschool, I have been very nervous for Preston to go to school. Mostly, because he tends to cry when he is left in childcare at church and he can be shy around new people. Thankfully, he did very well at his orientation last week. I was with him, but he happily played with toys, interacted with the other children and even hugged and kissed his teacher as we left! I was so happy!
Preschool orientation was fun!
Sadly, Preston's first day of preschool was spent at home. He woke up vomiting, so he was not able to attend his official first day of school. He stayed home with me, where he spent most of the day cuddled up with me and watching his favorite movies. I was happy that I was able to take care of my sweet boy, but I did feel so bad for him. He was just so pitiful.
Thankfully, by Friday (August 29th), Preston felt great and was able to go to preschool! He was all smiles on the way to school and he was very excited to go! He did cry when I dropped him off, which was sad for both of us. Thankfully, his teacher said he only cried on and off and not the whole time. Preston keeps telling us that he likes preschool and that he wants to go back, so I am hoping that he will cry less and less and that soon he will not cry at all! I am sure that he will have a great year.
Here are some pictures of Preston's first day of 2 year old preschool!









No comments:
Post a Comment