So, I sat down to work on our blog and realized that we have been super busy and I have not been able to write for a few weeks. That means, I have another really long post with lots of pictures!
Our neighborhood had their annual Halloween party and it was better than ever! In addition to the usual activities, such as pumpkin decorating and a bounce house, there was a petting zoo, pony rides, a hay ride, and trick-or-treating through the "spooky forest." The Amshoffs were able to join us for the party and we all had a great time!
Preston loved riding the horses. He rode three different times and of course, he wanted to do it all by himself. I walked right beside him, but he did NOT want me to hold him on!
Giddy up!
Preston's Pumpkin
Evan's Pumpkin
The hay ride was lots of fun!
Spooky Forest Fun
Carl and I went to the Paul McCartney concert and we had SO MUCH FUN! We went downtown and had dinner at The Hard Rock Café. The weather was great and we got to sit outside and hear a few different bands that were playing Beatles songs. Afterwards, we walked over to The YUM! Center and got ready for the show! We had some really great tickets and the show was AMAZING! Paul played for three hours straight and each song was wonderful! He put on a truly great show and it was clear that he loves performing. It was the best concert I have ever been to and I would love to see him again!
We carved our pumpkins right before Halloween and both boys had lots of fun. Preston really liked using the small tools to "carve" his pumpkin and he spent a lot of time "carving." He was REALLY into it! Evan was also really into carving this year. He did not want much help, so we helped when he needed help and otherwise, we just let him have fun creating his masterpieces! I think they turned out pretty good too!
Evan was eager to clean out the pumpkins, but Preston kept saying, "Eew! Yucky!"
Preston LOVED "carving" the pumpkins though!
"Hmmm. Can I do it myself?"
"Yep!"
My Master Carver
Evan's pumpkins looked great!
Aunt Karol gave us this Yoda set and we were able to use it this fall. What a treat for our Star Wars fans!
Evan and Preston had a GREAT Halloween! I was able to join Preston for his Halloween party at preschool in the morning and I was able to join Evan for his Halloween party at school in the afternoon. Both parties were lots of fun and I had about as much fun as the kids! It was REALLY cold on Halloween night and I was not sure that the boys would want to be out for long, but they were both really into trick-or-treating. After visiting each house, Preston would happily run to the next house while yelling, "More candy!"
Preston loved the candy and cookies at his party!
"Buzz Lightyear" loved his party and was still smiling once we were ready for home!
Evan and Emma
"My party rocked!"
Trick-or-treat!
Preston got to watch Toy Story when he was finished trick-or-treating. He LOVED his costume and wore it as long as he could!
Evan's last soccer game was quite interesting. There was a mix up on the schedule and we ended up with three teams ready to play at 10:00, instead of 2. Since it was the final game and everyone wanted to play, we just made two new teams! The kids did not mind and everyone had a ball. Evan was super excited that he received a trophy after the final game.
Carl and I went to Bowling Green to join our friends for WKU's homecoming game. I had not been back to campus in years, so it was really nice to back and to hang out with some of my dearest friends. We had so much fun tailgating and we really enjoyed the game and hanging out with our friends after the game. Unfortunately, I woke up in the middle of the night and I missed my boys terribly. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was useless. I missed my boys so much! I was SO ready to get home and see them. Of course, they barely missed us, because they stayed with Grammy and Granddaddy and had a great time playing, making crafts and going to Chuck E. Cheese! Preston was excited to see me, but poor Evan wanted to stay! I was just so happy to see those cute little faces!
We had our first snow of the season and our first snow day on November 17th. The boys and I enjoyed the extra day at home and we had fun playing in the snow, coloring, reading, cuddling, etc. While I love a snow day here and there, I do hope that we have many less snow days than last year! Making up snow days for a couple of weeks in the summer is NO FUN!

























.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment