I am so excited to announce that I am now a 7 year cancer survivor! I am so grateful that I am cancer free and that I am healthy. I am enjoying my life with my friends and family and I am VERY happy that I get the opportunity to be a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, etc. Life is precious and I am so glad that I am getting the opportunity to enjoy it all!
To celebrate my actual survivorversary, we planned to get Taco Bell, which is a favorite of both of my little boys, and then go to The Louisville Mega Cavern and see all of the Christmas lights. Unfortunately, both little boys were not feeling great and Carl came home with a fever, so our plans changed. We let the boys celebrate with popsicles and ice cream for dinner and Carl and I got Chinese take out and we all just relaxed at home. Well, except for the fact that Preston coughed so hard that he threw up and we had to clean up that mess on the couch with a steam cleaner, that I had laundry to do because of the throwing up, the kids made a huge mess while playing, etc. (Relaxing, right?!?) I was totally fine with all of it though, because I got to spend my night with my family and I know that is special. After seeing two, sweet friends pass away from breast cancer this year and having another friend diagnosed with terminal, stage 4 breast cancer, I am reminded that I am truly blessed to be here. Truly, I am grateful for each and every day.
So, my actual survivorversary consisted of a lot of these things.
Of course, my actual survivorversary also consisted of these two cuties too!
Plus, even though he was not feeling well, Carl brought me celebratory flowers!
A few days later, Carl and I were able to go to The Melting Pot to continue our celebration. What a fun night!
Also, we did get to take the boys to see the Christmas lights, but that is being saved for another post. =)




.jpg)
1 comment:
Congratulations, Rachael!! Your story is so uplifting and I'm glad I read it this morning. Sometimes I need reminders that laundry and chores are BLESSINGS and I am lucky beyond measure. Those boys are precious, by the way....so big!!
Post a Comment