Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring Break 2015

When I logged on to write about our awesome spring break, I realized that I have not written in about a month. We have been quite busy watching the NCAA basketball tournament and making some major home improvements, so that has left little time for writing. I could have written about all of the fun we have been having as a family, including a trip to Owensboro to visit the Congleton family, but it just didn't happen. I am okay with not writing about everything though, since sometimes life just gets busy.

Thankfully, even though we are still in the midst of home improvements, (tearing down the wall between the kitchen and family room, getting new flooring, painting our kitchen cabinets, etc.) we made time to go to Key West for spring break. As an added bonus, I am making time to write and post pictures!

We had an absolute blast in Key West, even though we had a pretty short trip. We went to the beach, swam in the pool, looked in the tide pools, went on a boat, had a picnic on an island, went fishing, went snorkeling, went kayaking, played on the playground, went the botanical garden and did lots of other fun things, such as have date night!

I usually write what we did each day, but as I said above, we have been super busy. Here are lots of great pictures from our trip, but they are in no particular order, and I am totally fine with that. To be honest, it actually feels quite nice and really eliminates the stress that often comes with "documenting" our adventures.

I think our ride on the boat with Bonnie Mom and Grandpa, was our favorite part of the trip. Both boys had a great time and so did the adults!



Evan and Carl went snorkeling. They saw lots of fish, several big rays, a big crab and a 6 foot long nurse shark!  Evan was so excited to see a big shark in the water with him.  Our fearless boy took off after it!



Preston fell asleep while sitting up! He tried so hard to stay awake, but he was tired and riding the waves was soothing!


Our picnic area was great!




Nice boat hair, Preston!
 
 
Evan chose this outfit and the store and I think he looked so cute when he wore it!


Preston still loves his squirter!


Geiger Key is so pretty!


We took both boys kayaking at Geiger Key. It was lots of fun!



Selfie!




I LOVE this picture! PURE JOY!


Preston played peek-a-boo with me with this sign board for about ten minutes. So fun!


Playground fun!


Higgs Beach




As always, Evan loved finding snails and other creatures!


Preston enjoyed the garden and had lots of fun running through the trails.




This pigeon was hurt and we were able to save him by taking him to the wildlife refuge!


My sweet boys!


Pool fun!



Yummy!



Evan found this butterfly and wanted me to take this picture. Such a nature boy!


Fun with optical illusions!


Evan caught LOTS of lizards!


The boys love this land crab and we were able to take his picture!  We've been seeing him for about 3 years now!


We went to a festival and Evan got to take a fishing and water safety class. He had such a great time and even got a new fishing pole!


Dinner at The Upper Deck is always a treat. The food is delicious and the views are great!




Lunch at Geiger Key included smoothies!


Date Night/Sunset Sail


Evan and Grandpa went fishing and caught nine fish!


Preston swam and enjoyed a treat, while Evan went fishing.


Evan really likes Bonnie Mom and Grandpa's dogs. He and Ernie have a special bond.


Vacation is really hard work! We took this picture when we left. We hadn't even made it off the island yet!


At the festival, Preston got to ride in a cherry picker. He had so much fun! He is fearless, for sure!


Evan's fishing class was great and he learned how to cast all by himself!


Fishing buddies!


Preston loves to chase the birds. Bonnie Mom took this picture and I adore it!



No comments: