Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fall Break 2016

Last week the boys had fall break and we really made the most of the time off. Carl took time off work and we got to spend lots of time together as a family. It was so nice to be free from both work and school schedules, homework, strict bedtimes, etc. We went to the farm to pick pumpkins, decorated for Halloween, went to the movie theater to see Pete's Dragon, enjoyed the U of L game with Uncle Ron, went hiking in Red River Gorge, had both sets of grandparents over for dinner and Carl and I even had a day date at the art fair. I feel so fortunate that we were able to have such great adventures together. I love my family so much and I am grateful for such wonderful memories.

We started off with our annual trip to the farm to pick pumpkins and gourds. We went to Gallrein Farm and since it was a Friday, we practically had the place to ourselves! In addition to pumpkin picking, we also got to pet the horses and feed the animals at the petting zoo. The boys also enjoyed playing on the hay bales and feeding the huge catfish.



















We enjoyed watching the U of L game with Uncle Ron.


Carl and I had a great day date at Saint James Art Fair. This has become a yearly tradition for us and it is one of my favorite dates each year.



We had an amazing time at Red River Gorge. The boys were great hikers and although we hiked for several miles, there was little whining or asking to be carried. We got to see Gray's Arch, as well as ride the sky lift to Natural Bridge. We also stopped to let the boys play in the waterfall, which they loved.














No comments: