Evan decided to try cross country this year. It was a totally new experience for him and for us! The meets were typically not close to school and they were quite crowded. It was challenging trying to get to the meets on time and making sure we found the team. Thankfully, we had most everything worked out well after the first meet and things went pretty smoothly.
Evan liked the practices and the races, because he got to have fun with his friends. He also really liked it when he was improving from one race to the next. He did really well when he was familiar with the course. He sometimes got frustrated when he ran a new course that he was not used to, but that is understandable.
I am proud of Evan's hard work and I hope he chooses to run again next year. If not, I am sure he will find something fun to do. He is REALLY enjoying playing soccer with his friends at school and with us at home. I would not be surprised if he chooses to play soccer. Of course, maybe he can do both!
Evan was excited for his first race!
Evan was lucky to have Grammy, Granddaddy, Bonnie Mom and Grandpa come to cheer for him at so many of his races.
Way to go, Evan!
Evan loved the medal that he received at the last race of the season.






No comments:
Post a Comment