Friday, August 7, 2020

Covid-19 and Our Family

In my last post, I discussed that both Evan and I had been diagnosed with Covid-19. At that time, Evan was recovered and I felt that I was getting better. Unfortunately, I started to feel worse. I had severe fatigue and some days,  I just laid around and did absolutely nothing but watch TV. I continued to have loss of taste and smell and there were times that I got out of breath easily. I also had some headaches. I was able to recover at home, which was nice. I still have some side effects like getting out of breath easily and sometimes I have a burning sensation in my chest when that happens. I never had the most common symptoms associated with the virus, such as a cough and fever. I am grateful that it wasn't worse. I am also VERY grateful that Evan had such a mild case of Covid-19 and that Carl and Preston never tested positive or got sick.

After Evan and I were diagnosed with Covid-19, the health department gave us strict quarantine rules. In order to not spread the virus, we were not allowed to leave our property for almost five weeks. It was tough to be super isolated, especially for the boys. There were some meltdowns and there was definitely arguing. Thankfully, there were some good times too. We enjoyed our backyard, especially the pool. We also liked watching movies together, playing games and cooking. We were fortunate that we were able to have food and groceries delivered. Friends and family also dropped off meals and medicine. They also surprised us with some nice gifts, which were awesome and lifted our spirits.

Here are a few pictures from our time in strict quarantine. There aren't a lot, because we didn't do very much!

This was our backyard set up. The garage was also outfitted with a TV, inflatable couch and some fans. I called it our hillbilly haven. 




No comments: