I love springtime in Louisville. The warm weather is exciting, but I absolutely love seeing the trees grow leaves and all of the beautiful flowers blooming. Spring also means The Kentucky Derby, which is such a fun time of year. Last year, The Kentucky Derby Festival was cancelled and The Kentucky Derby was run in September without any spectators. This year, the race ran as it usually does, on the first Saturday in May. Although, it was at a greatly reduced capacity, there were also spectators at the race. Most of the usual festival events were canceled, or didn't allow spectators. For instance, we had Thunder Over Louisville broadcast on TV and the fireworks were set off from various locations that could prevent people from crowding to watch. The Great Steamboat Race also happened, but with a very limited capacity.
We celebrated Oaks Day here at home and Grammy and Granddaddy joined us to watch the race. On Saturday, we had a few friends over, as well as Bonnie Mom, Grandpa, The Amshoffs, and The Dalys. The kids played outside and the adults supervised while watching the races on the garage TV. It was nice to be a bit back to normal. I am hoping next year we will be able to be fully back to normal. That would be amazing!
Here are some pictures that I have taken while hiking around Louisville.

















No comments:
Post a Comment