Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weekend in Indianapolis

Each year Carl and I like to take a trip together. This year we decided to head to Indianapolis for a couple of days. We enjoyed shopping at the Edinburgh Outlet Mall on the way. We purchased lots of clothes for Evan and a few things for us as well. Once we got to Indianapolis, we enjoyed eating out, exploring the city, shopping, and relaxing. Of course, we missed Evan, but he was having fun staying with both Bonnie Mom and Grandpa and Granddaddy and Grammy. In fact, he was having so much fun that he rarely wanted to stop and talk to us when we called!

Carl and I had a great time on our trip!



We took a walk in White River State Park, which is located downtown. Here is a picture of Indianapolis from the park.



We could see Lucas Oil Stadium from the park.



The park had a lot of cool sculptures.















We walked across the bridge as we explored the park.



There was an awesome canal where you could walk or go on a boat ride. I wish I got more picture of the actual canal, but there was a charity walk going on that day and we exited the canal area so we wouldn't get in the way. I did take a few pictures of the ducks and the hawk we saw.






We enjoyed walking downtown.



The Civil War Memorial (We went to the top for an amazing view of the city!)




The Capital Building

No comments: