Sunday, October 16, 2011

Race for the Cure

The Race for the Cure was a lot of fun this year. Even though many family members and special friends were unable to attend the race, we had a good turn out on Race Day, including all of the Nickel family and Aunt Rachel and Uncle Teddy. There were also several people from school, including the Milburn Family, Maureen Farley, Lauren Thieneman and Brook Lotze. Ashley Goff also joined us, along with Trevor and her mom. I was excited because many people made donations, which totaled over $2000! I am VERY grateful to Heather, who helped organize the team. I love raising money for a good cause and I love going to the race and seeing so many breast cancer survivors!

Evan LOVED holding the sign again this year. He even wanted to hold the sign as we walked TO the race!


Team Rachael Koontz


Shannon and Caitlin McGill (The McGill Family ALWAYS finds us on race day and walks with us! They are SO sweet!)


Team Rachael Koontz


Caleb and Jackson liked running for a cure as they raced toward the finish line!


Our Family


Aunt Rachel and Uncle Teddy


The Nickel Family


Trevor and Evan had fun playing together on the playground after the race.

No comments: