We had lots of fun during Derby this year. Evan got to ride a horse at preschool and he also had a Derby party. We took Evan to The Great Steamboat Race as well, which was lots of fun. (Preston was too little to go to the boat race, so Melinda Arbough watched him for us. We missed Preston, but it was nice to have some special time with Evan.) Carl got to go to Churchill Downs several times with work, which he really enjoyed. On Derby day we relaxed here at the house. Bonnie Mom, Grandpa, Aunt Rachel, Uncle Teddy, Caroline, Terri, Levi, Luke and David came to visit and watch the race. We had a really good time, even though no one picked I'll Have Another as the winner of the race.
Evan liked riding the horse at preschool. (I had so much fun going to watch him!)
Evan enjoyed his class party. He had fun playing lots of different Derby themed games and eating ice cream. He was most happy that I was able to make it to the party though!
Evan and Daddy sat down to watch the boats begin the race.
The Belle of Louisville
We cheered for the Belle of Louisville to win the race. (It must have worked because she won!)
Evan was so excited to ride the helicopter again this year! He had LOTS of fun!
Evan enjoyed the rides at the boat race. He rode the fun slide LOTS of times!
I had so much fun riding the Ferris wheel with Evan.
Carl and I enjoyed Derby Day. (I was really happy because I fit into my regular clothes and felt great!)
Preston and Mommy
Preston had fun getting all dressed up for his very first Derby.
Evan learned how to swing on Derby Day! What an accomplishment!
No comments:
Post a Comment