Sunday, February 3, 2013

Evan's 5th Birthday

Evan had lots of birthday celebrations this year! We started off the week by celebrating his birthday with Grammy and Granddaddy. (They were going to be out of town for two weeks and miss his birthday, so they celebrated with him before they left.) After opening presents, we went to eat at Los Aztecas, which is one of Evan's favorite places to eat. He had lots of fun until the end, when they sang to him and surprised him with whipped cream in his face. Poor Evan cried. Thankfully, Daddy cheered him up quickly!

On Wednesday, Preston and I visited Evan at school to help him celebrate his birthday with his preschool friends. (Evan was SO excited to have us there and we were thrilled to be there! It was the first time I have EVER gotten to go to preschool to celebrate Evan's birthday with his friends. Although Aunt Heather always does a great job filling in for me, I was SO happy that I got to go help Evan celebrate!) At Evan's request, Preston and I brought vanilla ice cream to share. We enjoyed singing to Evan, sharing a yummy treat, and dancing to a special birthday song. How fun!

Evan's actual birthday was on Friday, which was also Muffins with Mom at his preschool. It was a really special day and a great way to spend some extra special time with Evan on his birthday. I enjoyed the muffins that Evan and his friends made, as well as hearing the special songs that Evan and his classmates sang. I think Evan's favorite part was the end, when it was time to dance! (That boy LOVES to dance!)

Later in the afternoon, Daddy came home early and Evan opened his gifts. He really liked all of his presents, but the Star Wars Lego ships were his favorite. He and Daddy spent quite awhile putting the ships together, which was fun for both of them. Later, we are dinner at the club, where Evan got a HUGE bowl of ice cream for dessert!

Evan's Star Wars themed birthday party was held on Saturday evening and it was lots of fun for Evan and his friends. The Congleton's came to celebrate, as well as The Amshoffs, The Nickels, and Bonnie Mom and Grandpa. Evan and his friends enjoyed playing with his new toys, as well as eating pizza and cake.

Evan was happy that Grammy and Granddaddy came to help him celebrate his birthday.


Preston had fun eating his graham crackers, while the rest of us enjoyed our Mexican food.


After Daddy cheered him up, Evan was happy to pose for a picture. (Note: We will NEVER have anyone sing to us for a birthday celebration at a restaurant again. We learned our lesson!)


Evan posed for a birthday picture with Mrs. Arbough. (Evan LOVES Mrs. Arbough. We are so grateful that Evan has been able to have her as his teacher for 2 years. She is WONDERFUL!)


I was SO happy to get to celebrate with Evan and his friends. Of course, I think Evan was just as excited as I was!


Birthday Boy - "Cute Pose"


Birthday Boy - "Wacky Pose"


Muffins with Mom was so much fun! What a great way to spend some extra special time with my sweet boy on his birthday!


Evan had a ball dancing to "Tooty Ta!"



Evan liked all of his gifts and was very grateful for each one. What a sweet boy!


Evan liked all of his Star Wars decorations for his party. (We were able to use some of the decorations from last year, since he wanted a Star Wars party last year too!)




Evan's family and friends all brought awesome gifts. He really liked his rocket, his dragon, his new Squinkies, and his new Transformer.


Evan's cake was SO cool! He LOVED it!


May all of your dreams come true! We love you Evan!








No comments: