Saturday, September 7, 2013

Evan's First Day of Kindergarten

Evan just started kindergarten! The best part is, he is going to my school, Chancey Elementary. He is actually in my homeroom, which has been fun. I get to see him quite a bit on the days that I teach. (I am working part time again this year and I LOVE it!) When I am not there, he is in great hands with Mrs. Reynolds and Mrs. Walker. Evan loves getting to be in my class and I like it too. I get to see him interacting with other kids, learning new things, etc. It has been really wonderful so far.

While going to kindergarten has been fun, our night time routine has been a BIG adjustment. Evan is SO tired from the long day and is often cranky at night. This can be tough, but thankfully, it seems to be getting a bit easier for everyone, now that he is getting used to going to school all day, instead of just in the morning. It is still weird for me that he wants to go to bed so early. In the summer he would easily stay up until 10:00 catching lightning bugs, but now he is in bed by 8:00.

All in all, in has been a good start to the school year. Evan is happy and so I am I. In fact, just yesterday Evan said, "I love our school! I want to go there for first grade, second grade, third grade, fourth grade AND fifth grade!" He then followed with, "Even when I am not in your class, I will still be happy to see you at school."

Here are a few pictures of Evan at his orientation day and on his first day of kindergarten.

Evan had lots of fun holding his first day of school sign! (I love the silly face one! That boys LOVES to make silly faces!)




 Evan got right to work once he got to school.


 Evan and Mommy



Evan and Mrs. Reynolds






Evan and Mrs. Walker




No comments: