Sunday, September 8, 2013

More Firsts for Evan

Evan got to go to his very first U of L football game this weekend! (We had never thought to take Evan to a game before, because he was never very interested in football. This year is very different! He was so sad when Carl and I went to last week's game without him, that I decided to give him my ticket for this week's game.) Daddy and Evan had a good time and Evan liked cheering for the Cards. They even met up with Grammy and Granddaddy and since there were some empty seats next to them, they all got to sit together, which Evan was very excited about.

One of the coolest parts of the day for Evan was getting to meet Russ Smith! He and Daddy just happened to see him while they were getting something to eat and Russ was very kind to them. He talked to them, gave Evan and high five and even offered to take a picture with Evan! What a great guy!
 



If you look carefully, you will notice that Evan and Russ switched glasses! It was Russ's idea and it was super cute! I guess big guys like Spiderman too! =)


Evan had another first this weekend as well. He got to go fishing! (He held a fishing pole in Key West when someone offered to let him fish, but it was for a short time and he did not catch anything.) He and Daddy got a fishing license and then went to purchase some fishing equipment. Once they were set, they headed to the creek. Once they arrived at the creek and got settled in, Evan got his first catch! Of course, it was not a fish, it was a snake! Evan loves creatures, so he caught the baby Queen snake with his hands! Can you believe that? Once they let the snake go, they went fishing and caught four fish! Evan even brought them home so I could see them! We put them in our aquarium for the night, be we took them back the next day, since they could jump out! (One fish actually did jump out and I found him just in time! Thankfully, he was alright!)

Of course, Evan liked fishing so much, that we had to go again on Saturday. All four of us went this time, which was fun. Of course, Preston did not fish. He just played in the stream and I chased him around. Evan and Daddy caught 4 more fish and Evan was delighted. I was happy because I got to see Evan fish and I also got to take a few pictures! (Daddy forgot to take any pictures on the first night, but that's o.k.)

We love our fishing spot. It is pretty and the fish are hungry!



"Look! Fish!"


Evan LOVES fishing and he was VERY excited to catch so many fish!





These two make a great team!




 Preston had fun too, although playing in the creek was more more fun than watching the big boys catch fish.


After I finished this post, Evan and Daddy went fishing AGAIN! =) Here is one last picture of Evan fishing. This was his biggest catch yet! Way to go, Evan!









No comments: