Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Puddle Jumping and Mother's Day
The day before Mother's Day brought HUGE amounts of rain to Prospect. I was actually out during one of the big storms and I had to pull off the road, because I could not see more than about 2 feet in front of my car! Once I got to our neighborhood, I found many areas flooded. Thankfully, the rain stopped and the water was able to drain from the streets. Once the sun came out, we took the boys on a walk, where they had lots of fun jumping the puddles! SO much fun!
Evan has been on a walk where he was allowed to jump in the puddles, but this was Preston's first time. Both boys had a great time!
I kept trying to get a good picture of Preston's face, because it was SO dirty. Of course, he barely stood still. He was having too much fun playing in the puddles! These pictures show a dirty face, but really, it looked SO much dirtier in person!
I love that something as simple as jumping in the puddles, can bring so much joy and laughter!
I love Mother's Day, because I love being a mom. I am so grateful for my wonderful boys and I love them very much. I am reminded each Mother's Day of how fortunate that I am to get the chance to raise these sweet boys. I love the snuggles, hugs, wrestling, singing, yelling, climbing, teaching, helping, etc. I have been given two amazing gifts and I am so very thankful for them!
Our Mother's Day was pretty laid back and included a picnic, playing at the park, a nap, and dinner with my family. It was very nice and I certainly enjoyed my special day.
Preston liked climbing the steep stairs to get to the slide and the bridge. As he climbed he kept saying, "I did it!" SO cute!
Preston's favorite part of the playground was the slide. All smiles!
Evan was nice enough to pose for a picture. He was so busy playing, that it was hard to take his picture!
Grammy/Mom and her "little girls"
Happy Mother's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment