Saturday, February 11, 2017

Goodbye, Parker

We were very fortunate to have our dog Parker for almost 13 years. He was a really great dog. He was sweet, cuddly and very well behaved. Even as a puppy, he rarely misbehaved or got into much mischief. When he was young, he could squeeze out of our gate. He would walk to the end of the driveway, watch what was going on for awhile, and then squeeze back into the backyard. Of course, when he would escape with any other dog, he would be easily persuaded to run all around the neighborhood. I guess he was a big stinker at those times! 

I remember getting him from the local shelter. One of the employees opened his crate for me and he literally jumped out into my arms. He placed his paws around my neck for a "hug" and I knew he was meant to be mine. 

Over the years, Parker had many companions, including Kaiya, Reece, Charlie, Vera and Zelda. He got along with everyone. He was especially good with our boys. He even slept with Evan each night.
 
Sadly, he got confused in his old age and started eating odd things. This caused him great harm and he passed away last week. We are thankful for a wonderful vet, who provided wonderful care and also gave wonderful emotional support to us.

I am so very grateful for many wonderful years with Parker. We have some wonderful memories of all of us together. I just wish wish we had more time together. Parker is loved and greatly missed. 

Rest in peace, sweet boy. We love you.




















No comments: