Carl, Evan, and Preston pulled off an amazing Mother’s Day surprise
for me last night. I was told to dress up and to be ready to go out for a night
of fun. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, since everything is closed right
now.
Just after 6:00, Carl and I got in our van and drove around
for a bit. He told me we were going to a “new restaurant” that had special
permission to be open. We arrived at the restaurant, which newly opened in our
home. It was the cutest thing ever! There was a sign outside for a new Italian
restaurant. We were greeted at the door by two very adorable servers. They led
us to a wonderful dining area that had soft music playing and a beautifully set
table. The servers brought water to the table and then gave us menus, so we
could order food and drinks. They were very attentive all night long and they
were so polite. In addition to serving us, they kept us entertained with jokes!
We had salad, spaghetti and peach cobbler.
After dinner, Carl and I were offered movie tickets by our
servers! We then went to the “movie theater” in our basement. We were allowed to
pick any movie or show that we wanted!
It was the most amazing night and I definitely felt VERY
loved. I know Carl, Evan, and Preston worked VERY hard to create a fun night
for me and it was amazing. I am so grateful for my family.
Here are some funny and sweet things that happened during our
night out at the restaurant:
- Whenever there was an issue that Evan and Preston needed help with, they would tell Mr. Koontz that he had an important work call that he needed to take.
- Preston called himself “Mr. Presto” and brought in sweet notes that my sons had sent to the restaurant.
- The portions of spaghetti were so big, that some of the noodles were hanging off the plates.
- Evan used the oven mitts to take the spaghetti out of the over, but then he just stood there holding it because he wasn’t sure where he could safely put it down. Obviously, Mr. Koontz had an urgent had a call from work after that!
- The kids have never poured beer before, so Carl’s beer was ridiculously foamy!
- At one point, Preston mentioned that the restaurant was special, because it was run by kids. Carl then inquired about his “mustache.” Preston replied that he wasn’t sure why he had a mustache as a kid, but he certainly didn’t just draw it on!
- At the end of the night, when it was time to wash off his mustache, Preston told us that he needed to go shave. It was hilarious!
- I should note that although they tried VERY hard, the kitchen was a HUGE mess afterward. It was totally worth it though. It was a really great night.
I don't want to leave out Mother's Day celebrations with Grammy and Bonnie Mom. We got Olive Garden via curbside service and took it over to Grammy's house. We sat outside, 6 feet apart, and enjoyed dinner together. I had a special necklace made for Grammy, which she loved. Granddaddy was happy to go on a bike ride with the boys.
Bonnie Mom and Grandpa recently returned from Key West. We had a nice, socially distanced reunion on their back patio. It was a beautiful afternoon and we enjoyed talking in person, instead of via Zoom. Preston liked showing off his karate moves and telling jokes. I had ordered custom bath bombs for Bonnie Mom and was able to pick up some beautiful pink roses while I was getting food at Costco. I think she really liked the gifts, but I think the visit was her favorite part.






No comments:
Post a Comment