Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oaks and Derby

Carl and I had a great time at Oaks. Like last year, Oaks Day was a "pink out" for breast cancer awareness. Breast cancer survivors were also honored during a parade on the track before the race. The weather for Oaks was beautiful and we had great seats for the races. We had a wonderful time and we were very happy to participate in the "pink out" and the parade.

Carl and I had a great time at the races!






We had a great view of the horses and the track.



This is the garland of lillies for the Oaks winner.



Here is the Oaks winner, Blind Luck, being led to the paddock.



I met our governor, Steve Beshear.



I got to meet Anydy Cohen from Bravo TV.



I also got to meet Natalie Morales from The Today Show. She was SO nice!



We usually have a Derby party, but this year, Carl and his friend John made plans to attend Derby. The weather turned out to be awful and so we made a slight change in our plans. Carl, Evan, and I went to Incredible Dave's in the morning for lunch and some fun on the bouncers, slides, and jungle gym. John, Terri, Levi and Luke joined us. Afterwards, we headed back to our house so that the boys could nap. After naps, we all enjoyed watching the races. Carl's parents and his sister and brother-in-law joined us later in the evening and we all watched the Derby together. Everyone had a great time, especially Levi and Evan, who are great buddies. Unfortunately, I totally forgot to take any pictures of our impromptu gathering. On a good note, I picked the Derby winner for the first time in years!

No comments: