This year's Race for the Cure was a little bit crazy. Instead of being held at Waterfront Park like it usually it, it was held at Iroquois Park. The new location was not as nice as I had hoped. It was difficult to park, it was difficult to find people, it was difficult to find volunteers that knew the correct information, etc. Thankfully, most everyone had fun and we raised almost $3000 for The Susan G. Komen Foundation. I am lucky to have such supportive friends and family. I am also very fortunate to be a breast cancer SURVIVOR.
My boys were up early to help race for the cure!
The survivor parade was lots of fun. I love seeing all of the survivors and seeing my friends.
Rachel, Teddy, and Caroline came out to help us race. I was so glad they could come!
Preston enjoyed racing for a cure with Mommy.
Emily and Heather (They BOTH looked so great at the race!)
My sister did an awesome job organizing our team again this year. I am SO grateful for her help, love, and support!
Carl and Susan ran the 10 K race. (I am so happy that Carl's foot is healing and that he can run again!)
Evan had lots of fun holding the sign for Team Rachael Koontz.
Heather, Josh, Jackson, Caleb, Emily and Evan posed for a picture at the race. (It is hard to get four kids to stand still for a picture!)
Laarni had fun at the race and helped us raise lots of money! I am so glad that she could make it to the race! (I did not see many other friends because the race venue was so disorganized, but I am glad that they were able to help us!)
Grammy and Granddaddy were in town for the race this year. I was so happy that they could make it!
Bonnie Mom was at the race this year too! We were all glad that she could come, especially Evan, who wanted to sit with her and talk to her all the way to the race and all the way back from the race!
Carl is a very supportive and loving husband. I am so lucky to have him by my side!

No comments:
Post a Comment