Saturday, May 9, 2015

Derby Festival Fun!

We just wrapped up two weeks of celebration here in Louisville. The Kentucky Derby Festival was tons of fun and we got to participate in many different events, including Thunder Over Louisville, The Great Steamboat Race, Fest-a-Ville and Oaks. We also had a small Derby party with our dear friends, the Congletons, my mom and dad, and the Amshoffs. Derby is such a fun time in our city and I am so glad that we had lots of family fun, as well as fun with our friends. Go, Baby, Go!

The Kentucky Derby Festival kick off with Thunder Over Louisville. The weather was beautiful and we had fun walking around and playing, before going up in one of the Humana buildings to enjoy dinner and fireworks.

I have only a few pictures from the event, because sweet little Preston Matthew wanted to look at the pictures on my phone and accidentally deleted most of them. Oh well!

Preston loved the bus ride downtown!


Evan was SO excited for the fireworks to start!


I love this picture of my boys! We all enjoyed the fireworks. As always, it was a great show!


We headed to Fest-a-Ville to watch The Great Steamboat Race. Evan had fun posing, while we waited for Daddy to join us.


The boys had fun watching the start of the race and then we headed over to the rides.






This year, Evan's first grade class participated in the Chancey Derby Parade, as the lovely folks on Millionaire's Row! Evan was a big winner! =


Giddy up!


Carl and I enjoyed a beautiful Oaks Day with our friends. I even picked the winner of the race!




Preston happily posed for a few pictures on Derby Day, but my favorite is the one that I took while he was being silly and spinning. It is blurry, but it captures all the fun!




The kids had lots of fun in the hot tub! Of course, they also had fun doing water rockets, playing in the water table, watching a movie, etc.


 
 
 
Happy Derby!

No comments: