Monday, May 18, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend 2015

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! We did not do anything over the top, but simply spent a lot of time together as a family. I loved it!

On Saturday, we started off by taking Bonnie Mom on a hike. We had lots of fun and made it all the way down to the creek. Of course, it had just rained, so it was very muddy. Thankfully, I had the great idea of letting the boys play in the sprinkler when we returned from hiking!

Later that day, I was able to take Evan to the creek to look for crayfish. He caught several crayfish and was even able to catch a salamander! I really enjoyed the one on one time with Evan. That rarely happens and it was so nice to talk to him and enjoy some special fun with just the two of us.

On Mother's Day, we went to the park to play. Evan rode his bike and looked for creatures. Once Preston saw Evan looking in the water, he joined in the search too. We saw lots of frogs and turtles and even got to hold a baby turtle!

After the park, we picked up lunch from Subway and went to Putney Pond for a picnic. The weather was beautiful and the boys enjoyed playing after lunch.

In the evening, my parents, as well as my sister and her children joined us for dinner. We just got take out, which was nice, since none of the kids are fans of sitting in a restaurant. Dinner at home was definitely more relaxing and the kids had fun playing together in the backyard.

I really enjoy being a mom and celebrating the weekend with my family was perfect. Being a mom can be so tough at times, but it brings me SO much joy. I love Evan and Preston more than words can express and I am so happy that I get the opportunity to get to be their mom. They are some of my greatest blessings and I am grateful for each and every day that I get to spend with them.

Our hike was so much fun. Preston can do many of the same things that Evan can do now, which makes everything really fun.




Evan found a toad!


Preston really liked the creek. In fact, he was so excited, he walked right in, shoes and all!


The sprinkler was lots of fun!


Evan had fun in the sprinkler, but also really liked riding his new bike all around the backyard.

 
 
Evan and I had lots of fun searching for crayfish.
 




Preston really enjoys playgrounds, so he had a great time at Hays Kennedy Park.


Here is Evan looking for creatures, which is what he loves to do!



Our picnic lunch included knock knock jokes from Preston. He tends to use his hand to "knock" as he says "knock knock." He is just the cutest thing!



Putney Pond was beautiful, as always, and the boys had fun playing around the pond after our lunch.



Mommy and Evan


Mommy and Preston


Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

 
 
Carl helped to make my Mother's Day weekend lots of fun. I am so grateful that he is such a great guy!
 


No comments: