Preston recently turned 3 years old and we had a great time celebrating our sweet boy! His actual birthday was on a Wednesday and since Carl and I had to work and Evan had school, we planned to celebrate at home that evening, with pizza, cake and presents. I guess Preston expected to see lots of decorations and have presents in the morning, because when he woke up and did not see anything, he asked, "Where's my birthday?" It was so cute, but I felt bad that he was disappointed. So, when he asked for an ice cream sandwich for breakfast, I happily gave him one, which made his day! Plus, since he did not have school, he got to wear his Ninja Turtle pajamas for most of the day!
Evan and I wanted Preston to be excited for his birthday, so we stopped to get him balloons before picking him up from Aunt Heather's house. He was SO happy to see his balloons when he got in the van and exclaimed, "My birthday!" We spent the evening opening presents, playing, and enjoying a cookie cake and his new presents. It was wonderful and everyone had a great time!
Preston's party was on Saturday. After MANY suggestions, including a Ninja Turtle birthday, a frog birthday, a bear birthday, a dragon birthday (How to Train Your Dragon), a cow birthday, and MANY more, he finally chose a Ninja Turtle themed party. There were lots of Ninja Turtle decorations and lots of Ninja Turtle gifts! The weather was rainy and cool, so we spent the party time playing, watching Ninja Turtles, eating pizza and cake, and opening presents. Preston had a great time!
Happy birthday, Preston! We love you more that words can ever say! You are a fun little boy, who can be quite spunky at times. You love your pets, especially the dogs, and you absolutely love being outside and playing. Of course, you also really like watching your "shows." We couldn't imagine our lives without you sweet smile or your loud laugh. We love you to the moon and back, sweet boy!
"Ice cream for breakfast? Yes, please!"
"My birthday!"
Our sweet boy posed for a couple of pictures, before opening his presents.
Present time!
Daddy got a Star Wars cookie cake! Yummy!
I showed Preston lots of cake designs and he chose this design. Aunt Heather did a great job. The cake looked great and tasted great too!
Alex is getting so big!
Preston liked his chair from Bonnie Mom and Grandpa. He wanted to help put it together! Thankfully, Granddaddy was able to lend a hand!
When the rain stopped, Preston went outside and had lots of fun playing in this puddle! He is just so much fun!
Caroline had fun running laps around the house!
Emily
The boys wanted to show off their toys!
Grammy, Granddaddy and Preston
Both of my boys are so much fun! I adore them and love them VERY much!
On a final note, Preston really loved his birthday and he is so excited to turn three years old. Now, he tells me, "Happy birthday, Mom!" as part of our bedtime routine. He also says, "I love you, Mom!" and I believe the two statements mean just about the same thing to him!
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment