Friday, May 5, 2017

2017 Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon

At the end of last summer, I decided that I wanted to be healthier and I began working out. I mostly walk at local parks, but I have also included yoga, HIIT workouts and walking on the treadmill. I even started to run, even though I was slow. I kept up my workouts since I started and I am in much better shape. I decided to walk/run the mini marathon, since I am now able to do it. Bonnie Mom joined me and despite the storm delay and some rain at the start, we had a great time. We may not have been super fast, but we finished and we had fun! I hope to continue my workouts and to do the mini marathon next year with less walking and more running. Carl and I are even contemplating a race in Red River Gorge this fall!





No comments: