We stayed in town for spring break this year, but we had lots of fun! I planned very few things for the early morning, so we almost always had nice, calm, relaxing mornings. It was so nice to be able to take it easy in the morning and not have to rush out to work, preschool, etc. I also took it easy on the picture taking, which means I have no pictures! That it o.k. though! It was nice to live in the moment and not worry about capturing every moment on the camera!
We started off our break by doing a family race downtown. Daddy completed the race, Evan ran over a mile, and I took turns racing and taking care of the children! It was lots of fun and I was so proud of Evan for running so far! We also had breakfast at Toast and went to Jackson and Caleb's birthday party at the Louisville Science Center.
The boys and I went to Grammy and Granddaddy's house late one morning and Evan and Granddaddy had lots of fun playing outside and digging for worms! Preston had fun inside with me and Grammy, as he played with his new Easter toys and cruised around a bit.
We had lunch with Daddy one afternoon at Rocky's. Evan was so excited to get extra time with Daddy! Of course, I was too!
We went to the zoo with Caroline and Bonnie Mom one afternoon. The weather was nice and all of the kids enjoyed being outside. Evan loved seeing all of the animals. Preston was not too impressed with the animals, but he was happy to ride in stroller on a nice day and eat a snack! Later that day, Grandpa and Bonnie Mom joined us for dinner at our house.
Daddy took off a day of work and we all had fun doing things outside. Evan and Daddy played lots of football and also worked in the yard. Preston enjoyed being outside and swinging, as well as trying to pet the dogs. We also went to Henry's Ark and fed the animals. (Preston was still not too impressed with the animals. It is like he just thinks everything is another dog!)
One of the best parts of our spring break was a visit from the Congleton family! We got to meet Adam, have lunch and catch up. The big boys all had fun playing outside on the playhouse, as well as playing with the new rockets. Later that day, we also enjoyed going to Caroline's first birthday party!
Of course, we also had LOTS of fun watching both the U of L men and women's basketball teams win LOTS of games in the NCAA tournament! GO CARDS!
No comments:
Post a Comment