Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tunder Over Louisville 2013

We had a great time at Thunder Over Louisville yesterday. Both boys were in a great mood and we were able to enjoy many events.

We started by riding the bus downtown, since Carl had left his car in a good spot for leaving quickly after the show. This worked out REALLY well and both boys enjoyed riding the bus. (Evan REALLY liked riding the bus!) Once we were downtown, we dropped a few things off at Humana and then left to explore.

We went to Fest-a-ville first, for snacks and drinks. We got to see a lot of the air show while we were there. (It was civilian air show this year, but those pilots put on a great show!) Evan really liked it when the planes went upside down, but Carl and I though the flying formations were really impressive! We then headed over to the rides, where Evan was able to ride several different rides, including The Scrambler, Charlie Chopper, and The Fun Slide. He must have really liked The Fun Slide, because each time he finished, he asked to ride again! Evan also played a carnival game, where he won a stuffed dog! He was SO proud of himself! (He has been telling EVERYONE about his big win today!)

After the rides, we went to Impellizzeri's Pizza for dinner. The food was delicious and Evan entertained many patrons with his crazy dance skills! Preston was adorable during dinner and had fun sharing his food with Daddy and Evan.

Once dinner was over, we went back to Humana to watch the show. Evan found some children to play with and he had a great time running around the office playing games. (We were once again told that he is a born leader!) Once the fireworks started, we all settled down for the show. Preston stayed awake for the show and seemed to enjoy the fireworks while he had his bottle.

We got home from the show pretty quickly and both boys fell asleep in the car. It was a successful day for sure, but not nearly as exciting for us as last when, when we had to leave the show early because I went into labor with Preston!

Here are couple of pictures that I took with my camera phone, since I accidentally left my camera at home. There are also a few that I found online, which worked out well, since they are way better that I could have taken with my phone anyway!

Who knew riding the bus was so much fun?



The air show was amazing! 


Preston enjoyed going to Thunder for the first time!


Evan had a great time on this ride. He was so cute because he actually thought he was driving!


The fireworks were great, as always!


Evan was asleep within minutes of getting in the car! (Preston took a little longer, but he was very content. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him too, but his seat is still rear facing. Oh well!)

No comments: