Preston celebrated his first birthday on April 22nd. (I can't believe he is a year old already! How did the last year pass so quickly?) Preston is now a big, one year old! He is super sweet, loves to "cruise" and crawl, and almost ALWAYS in a good mood. He loves to give kisses and he loves to play with his big bother. We can't imagine life without him! He is such as blessing!
We celebrated Preston's birthday at home on his actual birthday. We were all excited about his birthday, but I must say that Evan was the most excited by far! He insisted that Preston open his card before we all left in the morning and as soon as we got home, he ran to get all of Preston's presents for him! Evan helped Preston open all of his gifts and then he showed him how to use each one. It was really sweet! Preston's favorite toys were the basketballs that went with the mini basketball goal and the boats for the bathtub/pool. We ate Mexican food that night for dinner, which we all enjoyed. Preston then went to bed a little early, since he was teething and started to not feel so well. All in all, it was a great night.
Our families and the Congleton family celebrated Preston's birthday with us the following Saturday. (Poor Grandpa was on call and not able to make it to the party.) I had hoped that the weather would be good and that we could all be outside, but it was chilly and damp, so we had to stay inside. The big kids had a lot of fun playing Star Wars, while Preston and Caroline had fun playing with the baby toys. We had pizza for dinner, which is one of Preston's favorite foods and we also enjoyed birthday cupcakes that Aunt Heather made. My favorite part of the party was watching Preston eat his cupcake. He LOVED it and he was SO happy while he ate it! Of course, I also really enjoyed having our friends and family here to celebrate with Preston!
Happy birthday, Preston!
Preston enjoyed opening his birthday gifts. (Evan was a BIG help!)
Preston has ALWAYS done a great job when I take his monthly picture. I was CERTAIN that this 12 month birthday picture was going to be easy and look SO cute! Boy, was I wrong! Preston was in NO mood for pictures! He wanted to MOVE! He took off his sticker and tried to eat it, hr rolled, he stood, up, etc. I only got one picture of his face and it was as he was trying to wiggle out of the chair! What a funny boy!
Preston enjoyed dinner and then a special birthday cupcake! Yummy!
"I am ready to party!"
The cupcakes were delicious!
Preston really enjoyed his cupcake! He was such a ham!
Evan made a special sign to decorate for Preston's party. What a sweet boy!
A party isn't complete without balloons!

No comments:
Post a Comment