We began our Mother's Day celebration the Thursday before Mother's Day this year, since Grammy was going to be out of town on Mother's Day. We went to Claudia Sanders Dinner House for dinner. Unfortunately, Carl had to work late, so I was on my own with the two boys. Preston was super tired and was in no mood to sit, so I spent most of the dinner outside with him. This helped him to be quiet, but I barely got to eat. Oh well! At least Grammy had a good time, which is good because we are very grateful for Grammy and all that she and Granddaddy do for the boys and for us and because we love her very much! (I have no pictures from this night, because after dinner, when I thought I could take a few pictures, Preston got so worked up from crying that he threw up. At that point, I just cleaned him up and took him home to rest and decided that it was o.k. to not have pictures!)
On Mother's Day, my boys gave me some great presents and then we headed out to the track to meet up with Bonnie Mom, Grandpa, Aunt Rachel, Uncle Teddy, and Caroline. While we had fun seeing everyone, we were not too thrilled with Churchill Downs that day. The lines were long for EVERYTHING and they were running out of things, like ketchup and programs. Needless to say, we did not want to stay too long, since it was difficult to eat, drink, place a bet, etc. After coming home, we all napped, which was FANTASTIC! Then, we had Chinese take out for dinner and played together, which was the best part of the day! (We wish we could have seen Bonnie Mom more on her special day. We all love her very much and she is a wonderful grandmother!)
I am SO blessed to be a mommy. There were times when I thought that I would never be able to have children and I am so grateful for my two boys. They are SO precious to me and I love the dearly.
I thought Evan looked SO handsome in his shades!
I just love this guy!
Happy Mother's Day, Bonnie Mom!
Although I did not get a picture with Preston at the track, I did manage to get one after dinner! (He is missing his pants because he was a messy eater!)



No comments:
Post a Comment