We participated in the Throo the Zoo run this year, since Evan really
enjoyed racing with Daddy in the family race that Humana sponsored this
spring. (Evan ran over a mile in that race!) Since Daddy is only real
runner, the plan was for him to run the race and then meet back up with
me and the boys. My plan to was have Evan walk/run with me and I while I
pushed Evan in the jogging stroller. Well, the plan sort of worked.
Daddy ran the race, but Evan was in no mood to run or walk for the first
part of the race and insisted on hanging on to the front of the jogging
stroller while I pushed him AND Preston. Needless to say, I only ran in
little spurts, since pushing about pounds is not easy! Evan did get
excited about running when we entered the zoo, but once he saw the
animals, he wanted to stop and see them! Once Daddy met up with us, I
thought he would be ready to run, but he was hungry and he thought it
was too hard to walk! Oh well! We did mange to finish the race and after
a snack, Evan was happy and we did get to spend some time in the zoo
looking at some of the animals that were awake. (Here's hoping our next
race involves a bit more running!)


No comments:
Post a Comment