Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Evan is a Reader!

As with most all of Evan's major achievements, such as potty training, learning to ride a bike without training wheels, or learning to swing without someone pushing, Evan learned to read as soon as he decided to be ready. Evan has known his letters and sounds for quite sometime and he is a pretty smart kid, so I KNEW he could read. However, he rarely showed much interest when I would try to work with him on his reading skills. One day a couple of weeks ago, Evan and I sat down to play some letter games online. Once we got to the website, Evan said, "I don't want to do letters. I want to read!" I clicked the online stories and was ready to read to him, but he read to me! I was SHOCKED and VERY impressed! He did SO well and needed minimal help. Over the past few weeks, he has continued to read several online books, as well as some books from my kindergarten reading class. He is SO excited to be reading and we are excited as well! WAY TO GO EVAN!

"I can read!"


No comments: