We have now completed the first week of homeschool and I can say that each day got a little easier than the day before. We are in a routine and it feels good. The kids have worked. Although it is not as good as being in school, we are making it work and the kids are learning new things.
I have been very impressed with everyone from our school district as they have worked hard to quickly create a way to effectively do distance learning, when it is something that has never been done before. I think they have done an amazing job. I am also very impressed with the teachers. They are connecting with the kids as much possible and creating new ways of helping the kids continue to learn.
First Day of Homeschool 4/7/20
We usually do homeschool in our pajamas. Preston works up in the kitchen and Evan has a space down in the basement.
I don't know if having a routine has greatly helped or if something has "clicked" with the boys, but they have gotten along really well this week. They have gone entire days without bickering and they have seemed to genuinely enjoy playing together. It has been really nice.
We have had a few fun highlights since my last post, which includes more chalk drawings, playing in the hot tub, fishing, crossing the big creek in waders to get to the other side for shed hunting, and a fun game of "Quarantingo."
Carl and Preston created a large chalk drawing of a dragon.
The boys enjoyed spending time in the hot tub one afternoon.
We have been fishing several times. The boys have also done some exploring on the creek. They found some crayfish and salamander.
There are still lots of beautiful flowers. I don't ever tire of seeing them. They are beautiful!
Evan and Carl donned waders and crossed the big creek to shed hunt. They didn't find any sheds, but they had fun getting across the creek.
Carl made a BINGO style game called "Quarantigo." He created different BINGO style cards and we walked around the neighborhood trying to find things on the card. Preston was the first to get a "BINGO" and Evan worked very hard to get a "cover all."










No comments:
Post a Comment